Normal lens – a photographic lens whose focal length is approximately equal to the diagonal size of the frame, and the field of view is 40 ° to 51 ° inclusive. Tradition is, this lens captured image looks more correct with respect to the human eye, this lens provides the most natural perspective.
In the classic 35mm film photography “normal” is a lens with a focal length of 50 mm. This value was chosen by Oscar Barnakom, the creator of the first camera Leica.
1. 50mm lens has the same angle of view as the human eye, and because of this feature, it has been used by many legendary photographers, for example, Henri Cartier-Bresson and Ralph Gibson.
2. And, contrary to popular belief, fifty dollars is not just for portraits and street photography.
3. All modern 50mm lenses are very fast, despite the low cost.
4. Even the cheapest will have aperture 1.8.
5. This means that only a small portion of the image is in focus, and instead it is considered a disadvantage.
6. For example, the main subject may not be in focus in the background and the foreground object is in focus.
7. Or you can focus only your object.
8. When you are using a wide aperture, the focus needs to be careful – you should have a carefully selected point, since the depth of field will be very small.
9. It is best to shoot at a close distance: Take a close frame gives a feeling of closeness, intimacy and presence.
10. Lens also excels in low light. Aperture 2 and sensitivity 400 will give the same amount of light as the 3200 at 5.6.
11. Fast lens captures the light with a slow shutter speed and high sensitivity.
12. Macro? Special lenses are expensive, and you can also make it without them but.
13. You will need a reversing ring – a device that allows you to mount the lens backwards.
14. Use of auto focus does not work, but the reverse ring will cost much cheaper than a new lens, and you can remove the insects, flowers or other small objects.
15. So why do we recommend a 50mm lens?
16. First, with the help these, beginners can hone their skills.
17. Second, it is the most accessible financially.
18. Third, it is convenient due to the small size and weight.
19. Fourth, despite the low price, it offers good value.
20. Fifth, it is universal: it can be used to shoot almost anything.